[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel fxo & late distinctive ring

Philip Warner pjw at rhyme.com.au
Sun Apr 17 03:58:35 MST 2005

I have a TDM400 with an fxo card installed; zaptel.conf is setup for
distinctive ring, but it only partly works:

Our distinctive rings have the same sound in the very first ring (one long
tone). After that, they differ. As a result, all calls produce a dring
signature of 0,0,0.

If I setup the dialplan to immediately hangup, then zaptel hears the next
ring and reports the different signatures correctly.

This is not ideal for three reasons: (a) the caller id is part of the first
ring, so it is lost and (b) it means a lot of rings occur before the phone
is answered and (c) it is inelegant.

Does anyone know of parameters I can set within the zaptel driver or config
files to cause it to wait a little longer before reporting the dring type?
Or any other solution...

Thanks again,

Philip Warner

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |