[Asterisk-Users] OT: USB handsets / softphones

Paul Mahler psvwm at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 19:57:21 MST 2005

I agree, this is a fun device. It's a lot easier to use than a headset.

The sound quality is excellent. Just don't turn up the volume too much or you
will get a lot of echo. Echo is less of a problem with a good usb headset.

It's a little quirky. All the sound from your pc gets routed to the phone. You
can set x-lite to send ringing elsewhere. You have to load the driver that
comes with the phone to be able to dial from the phone keypad.

to dial a call, you press the dail button, dial the number, and press the dial
button again.