[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-2000 correct settings for Fax in The Netherlands/Europe

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Apr 16 12:18:43 MST 2005

Hi list!

I'm having trouble receiving faxes. After the second page the line is
disconnected and my HP all-in-one LaserJet 3350 displays a 'communication
error'

I've worked my way through the list back to November and googled around
extensively but didn't find a solution. I did find several reports of
people having good success with the SPA-2000 and sending and receiving
faxes. Unfortunately I couldn't find any pages specific to SPA-2000 and
faxing.

I'm using bristuffed * with an ISDN bri line. Echocancel is disabled for
the faxchannel.

On the sipura side I've disabled Echo Cancel too and all fax detect stuff
or other fax stuff that didn't mean a thing to me. I'm using ALAW.

I've seen ppl mention lots of stuff to tweak but not how to tweak it.

First of all, what would be the correct setting for FXS port impedance,
600 or CTR21 270+750||150nF?

Then I saw something about tweaking input / output gain. How to do this? I
guess not the same way as you would with a zap device.

Also I found that the frame size could be changed. Where can I set this
and what should it be set to?

These are my other settings:
Network jitter level is set to High

Silence supp enable is set to No

Echo Canc Enable: No
Echo Canc Adapt Enable: No
Echo Supp Enable: No
FAX CED Detect Enable: No
FAX CNG Detect Enable: No
FAX Codec Symmetric: Yes
FAX Passthru Method: NSE
FAX Process NSE: Yes
Release Unused Codec: Yes

If anybody can share the 'golden' config I would be more than happy :)

Thanks!