[Asterisk-Users] 2 Questions

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Apr 16 11:36:33 MST 2005

Ben Price wrote:

> Question 1:
> If I am going to be selling hardware phones to the enduser do there
> accounts have to be SIP or can they still be IAX (I find IAX is better
> for firewalls)?

Think about the scale you want to go. If you have many phones you may
want to install a SIP Proxy (e.g. SER) to get your Asterisk box
overloaded. I have not found an IAX Proxy server.

> Question 2:
> Is there a way to limit connections?  For example, extension 7895483
> can only have 1 call in progress at a time (either incoming OR
> outgoing).  And if so, is there a way to change this limit on a per
> extension basis?  (I want to be able to sell more connections at a
> small rate)

Have a look at SetGroup / CheckGroup.
I am fighting with that at the moment!

(Never say it is a "bug", when it is a FEATURE)

bye

Ronald