[Asterisk-Users] FXO GW Dial in/out syntax

Robson Ribeiro robson at mercatus.tv
Sat Apr 16 02:36:19 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have a non-branded FXO Gateway connected to 4 analog lines at the office.
The situation is that I figured out how to make it dial in with the
following entries:

In sip.conf:

[4003]
username=4003
fromuser=4003
dtmfmode=rfc2833
type=friend
secret=4003
host=dynamic
context=gw_fxo

and then, in extensions:

[gw_fxo]
exten => _X.,1,Goto(mainmenu,s,1)   ; so that it can answer any of the 4
ports and send it to IVR.

But to dial out, I am suffering to understand:

In extensions I put at the outgoing context:

Exten => _9x,1,Dial,SIP/4003 at 4003/$(EXTEN:1)

Doesn't  work. Also i tried registering the GW into SIP so it looked like an
account but it doesn't access registration.

Thanks in advance for the help.