[Asterisk-Users] delay problem in asterisk

Shahar Livne livnes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:47:59 MST 2005

I guess it is the combination of your connection (ADSL?) and a
specific code you choose. Try choosing another codec - thinner -
something like gsm.
If you use iax - you can set it to allow in iax.conf. The same - for
sip, allow the smallest coded (that your soft/hard phones support), or
just change yourself codecs, and use less Internet Bandwidth.

Does the slow ping happen also when you don't call?
If so - than consider changing your ISP - they may have some problem.

Shahar Livne
LivneX CEO
http://livnex.com