[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7960 SIP setup

Michael West mwest at westmarkinc.com
Fri Apr 15 13:46:36 MST 2005

Mike,

Under status, what is the firmware version?  You're looking for Appl
Load ID, Boot Load ID and Version.  Most likely you'll have to get a
version 6 SIP image and then you'll be able to install the current 7.4
SIP image after that.  In order to get these image files, you have to be
a contract paying Cisco client to download them from Cisco's site.  I
just went through this on my 3 7940s, but I have them all converted over
to SIP.

You also need to run a TFTP server.  I used Cisco's old TFTP program on
my Windows XP Pro box.