[Asterisk-Users] Re: OT: google groups Asterisk-test and now Asterisk-Users marked as spam on Gmail

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 15 13:16:26 MST 2005

Sig Lange <sig.lange at gmail.com> writes:

> Starting around Apr 14th Gmail has started marking all messages for
> Asterisk-Users as spam. Prior to that on google
> groups
> someone created a asterisk-test group (seperate from this group). Is
> this perhaps related? I believe it all has
> happened within a week time frame. Gmail is a great service but if
> this is what's going to happen I will quit using
> gmail. I'm giving a shot out to see any other gmail users out there
> having this problem. My Asterisk-Dev seems to be
> unaffected.
>
> Who's having similiar issues?

Slightly OT, but for those of you who don't want high volume lists
clutter their mailboxes anyway, let me remind you that gmane.org
provides a (standalone) news gateway to many mailing lists, including
the * ones.

If you use that gateway, you can read and post to this list via a
newsreader. You need to stay subscribed though to those lists which
require subscriptions, but you then can disable mail delivery to your
inbox on your respective list options page.

Also, upon first time posting to a particular list, gmane will take
you through a otherwise painless registration procedure, as detailed
on their website.

Advantages:

* pull semantics (news) vs. push (mail)
* especially no more cluttering or drowning of your mail inbox
* also, lightens the load on the digium list server(s)
* no more unconfigurable spam filters bullshitting you (gamil).

Disadvantages:

* initial setup
* those who don't know how to deal with news/usenet might have a
  difficult time using it.

Regards, Bruno.