[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk became berserk when Internet connectionis down and can't register to SIP server.

Andre Normandin anorman at superdata.com
Fri Apr 15 11:20:02 MST 2005

The same thing happened to me a few days ago..  Truthfully, I thought it was
just me, and a coincidence..  My DSL line went down, and astertisk refused
to work until it came back up...

I couldn't even dial out, nor would it receive calls on my 3 analog (X101P
card) lines!!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but if I decide to offer * to my clients,
and tell them that your internal phones will go down if your internet blips,
I think I'll be thrown out and the door locked behind me..  What's more, I
don't feel that any programming should be needed on my end to have asterisk
just silently mark any connection as unreachable just as it does now to sip
clients when they do not register or respond to a qualify=yes directive..

Linux doesn't hang if it cannot resolve a dns, why should it make * go
crazy?

 - Andre