[Asterisk-Users] large analog to asterisk

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Fri Apr 15 10:44:47 MST 2005

Remember that in a hospitality environment, the volume of simultaneous
calls is typically quite low, given the number of stations in the
system.

You could use 600's with the CMG-02 cards to backhaul to asterisk via
MGCP. Asterisk's MGCP handling is not as robust as it might be, but it
may serve your needs.

Another option would be to bank on that high stations:calls ratio. In
other words, you'll never need to provide 700 DS0's directly into the
PBX. We spec'd a very similar (400 stations) hospitality system recently
using a slug of Adtran 624's hanging off of an Adtran 830 equipped with
5 quad T1/PRI cards. Careful planning and dial-plan design can keep most
inter-station traffic at the 830, with only those calls requiring trunk
or PBX feature access traversing a small number of T1's between the 830
and the PBX (asterisk).