[Asterisk-Users] Re: Loop Detection

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Fri Apr 15 08:59:43 MST 2005

Daniel Corbe <daniel.junkmail at gmail.com> wrote:

>Is there any way to turn Loop Detection off or tune the params a bit?
>I am having an issue with Call Forwarding on my SIP Proxy Server which
>is causing me great pains.

All I can do is sympathize.  The same problem occurs when a call comes
in through Asterisk, gets sent to SER, then comes back to Asterisk 20
seconds later for voicemail.

I have contemplated just commenting out the check in chan_sip.c, but I
haven't tried this.  Not sure if this might cause other problems.

Asterisk has many SIP deficiencies.  Asterisk has been built as a
monolithic PBX, and it seems to do okay using SIP phones as channels.
If you want Asterisk to simply act as a SIP UA, you are going to run
into a whole slew of problems.  I'm not holding my breath waiting for
this to change.

Doug
--
Doug Meredith (doug.meredith at systemguard.com)