[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk working on FC3+X100P+France Telecom line

Bertrand forumemail2 at softhome.net
Fri Apr 15 06:27:03 MST 2005

I have successfully configured asterisk for my home use on a FC3 server
with a X100P card plugged to a France Telecom line (for French user my
line is 'partiellement dégrouppée' with tele2). This forum has help me a
lot and I would like to thank you all for doing this.

Couple of advices:
- in zapata.conf, you need to have callprogress=no else it does not work
with France Telecom line.
- at the beginning asterisk could not read mp3 file though mpg123 was
installed. I had to get rid of xmms-mpg123 and mpg321 rpms and to
install mpg123-0.59r rpm to make it work.
- to have asterisk working as a service, you need to do "make config" in
both /usr/src/zaptel and /usr/src/asterisk

Enjoy !
Bertrand

FEATURES WORKING SO FAR
- voicemail sent to 2 different emails, one with attachement, the other
without

FEATURES NOT YET WORKING
- fax (spandsp)
- slimserver plugin developped by Ian Hailey

Here are my config files:

/etc/zaptel.conf --------------------------------
fxsks = 1
loadzone = fr
defaultzone = fr

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf -------------------------
[channels]
signalling=fxs_ks
language=fr
context=demo
;faxdetect=incoming
;mailbox=0001
usercallerid=no
;callerid=asreceived
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
;relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=4
txgain=0
immediate=no
busydetect=yes
busycount=3
callprogress=no
;musiconhold=default
channel => 1

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf-------------------------
[general]
static = yes
writeprotect = yes

[globals]

[demo]
; Wait 15 seconds for an answer (pick up the local phone)
exten => s,1,Wait,12

; Answer the phone the s option is to suppress the naming of the box n°
at the end of
; the greeting
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,Voicemail(su0000&0001&0002)
exten => s,4,Hangup

; Did we get a fax?
;exten => fax,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
;exten => fax,2,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
;
;
; Always put these two extensions in any "main" context that handles
;  call processing, for good form and graceful hangups.
;
exten => i,1,Hangup
exten => h,1,Hangup

/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf-----------------------------
;
; Voicemail Configuration
;
[general]
; Default formats for writing Voicemail
;format=g723sf|wav49|wav
;format=wav49|gsm|wav
format=gsm|wav

[default]
; limite la duree maxi d'un message à xx sec
maxmessage=300

; le message doit durer au moins xx sec
minmessage=5

;permet de recevoir le message dans la boite groupée 0000
;qui achemine les messages vers les boites 0001 & 0002
;0001 conserve les messages et envoie un email sans attachement
;0002 envoie email avec pièce attachée et efface le message

0000 => 2477,Group Mailbox,,,delete=yes
0001 => 2477,PutName1Here,PutEmail1Here,,saycid=no|attach=no
0002 => 2477,PutName2Here,PutEmail2Here,,saycid=no|attach=yes|delete=yes