[Asterisk-Users] Slack 10 install - THANK YOU - & Cisco Reseller Help

Gary Guthary gguthary at jtech.net
Fri Apr 15 04:18:34 MST 2005

Hi Folks -

I'm the "newbie" who asked the question two or three weeks ago about getting
asterisk up and running on a Slack-10 box.

Received at least 4 responses in about 10 hours with VERY GOOD information &
almost everybody gave me an e-mail to send directly too if I had specific
problems. - THANKS!!!! - Yeah! - This mailing list WORKS! - And that's
great!!!

Now for my present delima. - Actually this one's been racking my brain since
about March.

I need to find a Cisco Reseller.

A little background. - I live in Japan (retired - or 'retarded' U.S.
Military type) and have been here for the last 20 years. - A lot of my
hardware I can get locally ('Akihabara' for those of you who know Tokyo). -
But for the latest stuff, I need to order it from the States. - One reason
is that local stuff uses Japanese manuals (makes sense) and html setup pages
in Japanese for items like routers, phones, etc. for configuration. - Not
very helpfull.

Last month, I purchased a Cisco-7905G IP Phone from a vendor in the States &
paid a pile of money to FedEx to get the thing sent to me.

The phone DID NOT include the SIP firmware. - Since I have a 'BroadVoice'
account, I'm stuck until I can SIP into this phone.

I'd also like to use the 7940/7960 phones but, again, there's the SIP
Firmware problem.

I've been all over the 'wiki' pages & have read what's necessary to get this
firmware & get it installed. - Basically I need a 'service contract' for
each phone.

Wading through the pages & search engines on Cisco's web site is a true
excercise in futility! - A google search is more accurate.

But I've yet to find a Cisco Reseller who knows what I need & is willing to
talk about it. - Heck! - Even finding a Cisco Reseller with a valid phone
number where you can talk to a 'PEOPLE' is a feat in itself.

So - If anybody knows a Cisco Reseller, or if you ARE a Cisco Reseller and
know what I need, please contact me. - I'm sure there are others in this ML
that are in the same boat as I or who have been there themselves.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Guthary