[Asterisk-Users] UDP Sip Data: GS Grandstream - remote office

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Fri Apr 15 02:14:39 MST 2005

Hello all,

Tried to get remote office working and found out that the GS Budge Tone
100 takes the ip address inside the UDP packet data (SIP) that asterisk
writes to.The Asterisk server is currently setup with a ADSL ZyXEL
PRESTIGE 600 series router. My isp does dynamic ip assignment - so I
cant tell asterisk what to write down in the sip packet as the ip
changes on every reboot / day. I Have tried using a sip proxy and this
caused only more confusion (sip proxy on same box as asterisk/ sip port
forwarding and so on - messes up the LAN configuration).

So then I decided whether to use rp-pppoe or debians pppoeconf to make
the Eth show the public ip address so that the GS Budge Tone 100 can
then take the SIP ip address and then get is routed correctly accross
the internet to the asterisk server. Did the whole thing only to realise
that I have no idea if the router/modem is configured for bridge. So I
spent the lat day and a half trying to get connected with the modem
(even in windows XP) and still no connection.

So what I am asking is, has anyone had a similar issue. How did you
solve it... and if anyone would like to help me just a bit (googled and
still nothing) to allow the asterisk box to be awaire of the public ip.

--
Kind Regards
Etienne