[Asterisk-Users] Siemens optiPoint 420 phone and Asterisk

richard Coco coco_richard at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 00:59:28 MST 2005

Franz Knipp <knipp at m-otion.com> wrote:
Hi,

<today I've got two Siemens optiPoint 420 phones and I want to connect
<them to an existing Asterisk server.
<
<I didn't find any SIP firmware for that phone, according to announcements
<it will be released later this year (hopefully soon).

The latest firmware for optipoint420 advance SIP seems to be version 4.0.22A,  released for HiPath8000. Unfortunately on the Siemens page the only SIP image that can be downloaded is for OptiPoint400 (www.hipath.de then ->download -> software/version 2.3.14). For Optipoint410/420 only the HFA version is available.

<chan_cornet, which would support the proprietary Siemens protocol, is not
<part of the CVS tree yet (thanks to Steffen Koepf for writing this).

Is Steffen's chan_cornet available for testing? We have * connected to a HiPath4x00 using oh323.

<Maybe, someone of you can help me getting this phones working with
<Asterisk by pointing out a good starting point for my investigation and
<own development (if necessary) ;-)

<Last but not least, some kind of network diagram to clarify the situation:

<ISDN NT ---[Siemens PBX]--(S0)--[Asterisk]--(IP)--[optiPoint]

What siemens PBX do you use?

<Does anybody know, if it is worth trying out the optiPoint 400 SIP
<firmware on the 410/420 phones?

I don't know... maybe it will work... We only have several OptiPoint400 and they work fine.