[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI and signalling

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Apr 15 00:25:16 MST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Stefan Gofferje wrote:

> Bob van der Moezel schrieb:
> >I want to signal BUSY condition to a bristuffed HFC-S ISDN line.
> >
> >However:
> >  "exten => s,1,Busy" has no effect,
> >  "exten => s,1,Playtones(Busy)" is not audable over unanswered line (I
> >live in the Netherlands...)
> >
> >So I currently do:
> >+ exten => s,1,Answer
> >+ exten => s,2,Playtones(Busy)
> >+ exten => s,3,Busy
> >Which obviously is not an ideal solution.
> >
> >Is there a way to get real signalling out a bristuffed HFC-S ?
> >
> I have the same problem with a Fritz!PCI and chan_capi as external line.
> I have a HFC-S card in NT mode as internal ISDN. On this card, Busy and
> Congestion do work.
> As both drivers came from Junghanns, I suppose, this is a problem with
> the drivers...

In HEAD this is accomplished through the variable PRI_CAUSE and the Hangup
application. This is the most generic way. Read more in the wiki or
search the mail archives.

Additionally the behviour of the Busy and Congestion applications can be
changed by setting oob_indication in the zapata config file.

Peter