[Asterisk-Users] DID reseller structures

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 14 21:54:30 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 21:35 -0700, Michael D Schelin wrote:
> If your in Los Angeles Call me I've got 130,000 numbers with caller ID
> from my ss7 network. Trust me there's a whole lot more to it than what
> he just said.

I didnt go into what was required for puc certification as that varies
for each state, and if you are lucky enough to also need approval from
the FCC (IXC for example) then that is an additonal step.  As for
getting an OCN oand CLLI I never mentioned that only that you had to
have one.

I also never mentioned that it can take 1-3 months minimum to get puc
approval, add to that the 66 day minimum nanpa requires to give numbers,
interconnection agreement negotiations, the fact that there are annual
filings with the FCC required, etc.  And states like california like to
see $100k minimum (normally at least $150k) in cash or cash equivalnet
to certify.

But I figured my point was made none the less, that its not something
(yet) that is trivial.  However the new FCC ruling in favour of SBC
states that voip providers can go directly to NANPA and get numbers
without having to go through all that.  However that *only* applies to
SBC right now, it would take someone petitioning the FCC to expand that.
The ruling was specific to VoIP stuff as well, so its getting there, its
just not there yet.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402