[Asterisk-Users] DID reseller structures

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 14 20:10:18 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 19:37 -0700, snacktime wrote:

> I knew xo/level3 were clecs, and that the numbers came from nanpa, but
> I didn't know the requirements for getting numbers.  So theoretically
> anyone with some type of switch can go to nanpa, get a CIC and some
> numbers, and then get someone like global crossing to terminate
> everything to you?

maybe once the FCC ruling goes a little further, right now its limited
to sbc only.

Basically to get numbers you have to have a OCN and a CLLI code.  If you
are going to interconnect with SS7 you need a point code. (required for
number pooling, where you get only 1000 numbers instead of 10,000, which
is the prefered way to do it).

To get that under the current regime you basically have to be a LEC/IXC.
NANPA wants a minimum of 66 days to assign numbers and you have to have
them entered in BRRDS which they will do for $35 first year less next
year (there is no charge for exchanges from NANPA but resellers may
charge you since its not a trivial undertaking to get numbers, and if
you wanted all 50 states you would have to be approved in all 50 states
by each state PUC/PSC/BPU whatever they happen to call it).

Hope this helps :)

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402