[Asterisk-Users] DID reseller structures

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 14 19:26:35 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 19:18 -0700, snacktime wrote:
> I'm curious about how a company goes about getting nationwide (US)
> DID's for resale.  No I'm not wanting to be a reseller, just curious.
>
> For example companies like XO or Level3.  Do they go out and cut deals
> and/or exchange traffic with CLEC's/RBOC's in every region where they
> 1) need DID's, and 2) don't have a presence in that region themselves?

xo and l3 are both clecs.   I would guess they get their numbers from
nanpa :)

The recent FCC ruling (limited to SBC but could be requested they apply
it across the board) said that to get numbers you no longer have to goto
a LEC but instead can directly goto the nanpa.  Of course peering would
be a problem as many wont arbitrarily work with you since there is only
a requirement they work with puc approved companies.  companies like
global crossing will terminate CIC traffic for you though.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402