[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk became berserk when Internet connection is down and can't register to SIP server.

Kong kongzs at irepublics.com
Thu Apr 14 19:20:31 MST 2005

Hi,
i found a case here, i really don't know is it a bug or something else.

i have like 200 ip phones connected to my * server, (ATA's and softphones).
and i had it register to SIP service (FWD), so, when my internet connection
is down, * is not able to register itself to FWD, never mind that, but it
made all the extension berserk. all the client are not able to login to the
server. error msg is "login timeout", but once i remark the "register =>
XXXX:XXXXX at fwdXXXX" and restarted the server, immediately * became back to
normal.

so, i was wondering, is the a bug or something? coz my internet provider is
not consistent, sometimes it goes down.

thank you.