[Asterisk-Users] codec introducing huge latency

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 15:34:23 MST 2005

Hi:

I previously posted about the huge latency introduced
by iax2. It is a problem introduced by the codec. in
iax2.conf, i disllowed=all and allow=gsm and the RTT
is the same as I do ping shell command. When i change
from gsm to ulaw or alaw, then i have the huge RTT and
high jitter and evntually the call get disconnected.
when i use gsm, the call doesn't get disconnected.
of course, i like to use ulaw, for the internet
bandwidth i have, ulaw quality is better.
i have asterisk 1.0.6 and i wonder if the older
version had the same codec problem.