[Asterisk-Users] I dont want to hear the FXS port ring - TDM400?

Scott Wolfe scottwolfe at orbus.net
Thu Apr 14 15:25:48 MST 2005

Is there a way to have an FXS port not ring but just pick up? Here is what I am doing.

I have Mitel 200SX plugged into one of FXS ports on my TDM400 so that my Mitel users can make calls out via VoIP. Currently when I dial that Mitel extension from the Mitel, it rings the port on TDM400 and then answers, then drops to a dial tone so I can continue to dial. Preferably I would like not to hear a ring but just give me back the dial tone.

Here is my code in the extensions.conf and all works great except I don't want to hear the FXS port ring.

exten => s,1,Wait(0)

exten => s,n,Answer

exten => s,n,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds

exten => s,n,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds

exten => s,n,DISA,no-password|local