[Asterisk-Users] Re: Fax to Email

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Thu Apr 14 10:30:31 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:
>>I've had a question related to this: what's the deal with frame
>>slippage on the Digium TDM analog cards?  What would cause this?  How
>>can one correct for this?  I've recently seen a bad buzz every 6
>>seconds or so, heard by callers when calls are bridged with my TDM card
>>analog phones.
>>
>>Any information you know of online about this?
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
>

> Don't know about the buzz every 6 seconds, but I assume you mean mean
> "missed frames" as opposed to frame slippage. Right?
>
> The missed frames issue seems to be related to two possible items:
> 1. other devices on the pci bus not relinquishing the bus in time
> for the TDM to move data across the bus.
> 2. pci bus design issues with certain motherboards
*snipped
i'm probably coming in on the rear end of this convo, but i think
he mentioned he was connecting his tdm card to pstn.  depending
where he is (there are still some analog switches at some
CO's)...  some analong pbx's, when the ring generator went out
would do exactly this.. buzz 4-6 sec delay repeat

note: if this were the case it would ALSO exhibit this with a
normal phone on that fxo.