[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP500 phones do not update time from

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Apr 14 10:10:21 MST 2005

> Does anyone know how Polycom 500s will  be able to update their time.
> My
> setup for a time sync with Public domain Time servers is not
> successful.

I had the same problem.  I would set up a time server, and it would
work for a while, and then just stop working.  I switched to various
different public ntp servers and the problem kept happening.  I think
we were actually generating too much ntp traffic from a single
location, and so we were getting blocked out.  I set up an NTP server
in-house, and all the phones now sync to it.  I've had no problems
since.

- Noah