[Asterisk-Users] Call Files to Terminate a call to the dialplan not directly to a channel

Mystery Glitch mr_e_glitch at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 09:52:18 MST 2005

Can I use the .call files to place a call using the dialplan instead of the channel directly?

---
Channel: SIP/19563436274 at termprovider
Context: testing
Extension: playsample
CallerID: Company <8882650946>
WaitTime: 15
---

What this does it is calls that number directly via one of our termproviders, and once connected plays a sample sound to them via the extension playsample in the testing context. However the CDR's do not show this call properly, as the call wasn't pushed through the Asterisk dial-plan they don't show the destination phone number.

I also can't compensate if termprovider goes down, we have about 6 termination providers and in my dial plan I have them listed in order of priority, if the 1st fails for whatever reason, it rolls over to the next provider.

So instead of it initiating a call to a channel, can it do it to an extension? Probably real easy, but I don't know how.