[Asterisk-Users] Siemens optiPoint 420 phone and Asterisk

Franz Knipp knipp at m-otion.com
Thu Apr 14 09:06:56 MST 2005

Hi,

  today I've got two Siemens optiPoint 420 phones and I want to connect
them to an existing Asterisk server.

I didn't find any SIP firmware for that phone, according to announcements
it will be released later this year (hopefully soon).

chan_cornet, which would support the proprietary Siemens protocol, is not
part of the CVS tree yet (thanks to Steffen Koepf for writing this).

Maybe, someone of you can help me getting this phones working with
Asterisk by pointing out a good starting point for my investigation and
own development (if necessary) ;-)

Last but not least, some kind of network diagram to clarify the situation:

ISDN NT ---[Siemens PBX]--(S0)--[Asterisk]--(IP)--[optiPoint]

Does anybody know, if it is worth trying out the optiPoint 400 SIP
firmware on the 410/420 phones?

Thanks for your assistance,

greetings from Vienna,

Franz