[Asterisk-Users] Changing IRQ's on TDM

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 14 09:03:30 MST 2005

On April 14, 2005 12:51 pm, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Maybe because some motherboard designs have copper trace from
> the interrupt controller to the individual pci slots?

There are four INT# lines on every PCI slot.  INTA of slot1 is supposed to be
routed to INTB of slot2, INTC of 3, INTD of 4.  INTB of slot1 -> INTC-2,
INTD-3, INTA-4, and so on.

If I could programmatically select on the PCI interface IC of each chip which
INT# to utilize it owuld make interrupt routing far less of a hassle when
dealing with assinine motherboards and assinine chipset IRQ routings...

Of course, if people just wrote their goddamned drivers correctly interrupt
sharing wouldn't be much of an issue on PCI.  :-)

-A.