[Asterisk-Users] Segregating a test version of asterisk - libpri/zaptel locations

Julien Levi jules at jlevi.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 07:28:08 MST 2005

I currently run an asterisk server with cvs from May 2004. I'm planning
to upgrade to the latest stable version but want to segregate a test
version first. I know I can do this by editing the install_prefix field
in the makefile.

I can also change the install prefix and load the new zaptel module
manually for testing.

However what is the situation then with libpri? If I Install this to
another location, how do I tell asterisk to look there for it? Is the
only option to overwrite the version of libpri in /usr/lib and copy back
the old version if things don't work?

Thanks in advance for any help.