[Asterisk-Users] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 14 06:28:12 MST 2005

On April 14, 2005 08:31 am, Eric Wieling wrote:
> This is a bounty for a patch to app_hangup.c to generate an error when
> Hangup is called from exten => h.
>
> You should not call Hangup from exten => h.

I disagree; you should use Hangup() WHEREEVER you want to make absolutely sure
the dialplan stops.  If you do post-hangup processing that has some branching
it's far simpler to simply Hangup at the various branches than to
Goto(h,end,1).  A lot neater, too.

A warning perhaps, but it should not error out.

-A.