[Asterisk-Users] RTP problem

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Apr 14 05:23:57 MST 2005

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

> I have done some further research, the first RTP packet is sent when
> playback() is called.  No others.  The application is running, if I
> press a key and goto a different item that would cause a new
> playback()/background() 1 more RTP packet is sent.
>
> To be clear If I call myself, RTP packets are sent.  During a wait no
> packets are sent, only when playback() starts, and then only the 1
> packet.
>
> This is true of any sip phone I have tried, whether or not it is local
> or remote.  I can also call out through asterisk and that works, it just
> appears to be having a problem sending packets if it has to create the
> noise.  As such this makes asterisk less than usable in my given
> situation.

Is Asterisk getting a stream of RTP packets from the SIP client?  What
happens if you start talking on the SIP device?  Does Asterisk then
start sending RTP?  It still sounds like VAD and silence supression is
enabled on the SIP device.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain