[Asterisk-Users] Re: ISDN BRI + echo cancelling + Fax

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Apr 14 04:22:12 MST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:04:20AM -0500, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> I'm using bristuff on a box with one BRI line. I have echo cancel on.
>
> However incoming faxes (which routed to a Sipura 2000) fail after about 2
> pages and the fax will report a communication error.
>
> I switched off echo cancel but ofcourse now I have an extremely annoying
> echo.
>
> Is there anyway to differentiate and switch on/off echo cancel depending
> on the type of communication? Adding another bri line just because of this
> is not really an option.

You might find this one handy:
    http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003881

     [patch] Add E option to the Dial command to explicitely disable
     echo cancellation

Still have to make it available for HEAD.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/