[Asterisk-Users] RTP not being sent by asterisk

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Apr 13 22:56:11 MST 2005

I am having an odd problem  that started somepoint in the last couple
days with no known config change.  Asterisk will receive RTP data but
will not send it.

If someone calls my asterisk box, it will hang on any Playback() or
Background() call.  No data is ever sent on the RTP stream, verified
with a packet sniffer.  I disabled all bandwidth shaping and firewall
settings while testing which had no effect on resolving this.  SIP
traffic goes back and forth, and a sip debug shows everything being set
up.

I have deinstalled and reinstalled what was previously working.  A
friend who has the same version installed from the same place has no
problems with his setup.

I started with asterisk from debian testing however built from CVS a few
minutes ago and have exactly the same problem.

I am now stuck on where to look next to find the problem and need to get
my asterisk system working again quickly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sample I called from extension.conf
exten => 123,1,answer
exten => 123,2,wait,2
exten => 123,3,playback(beep)  ; it hangs on this beep
exten => 123,4,playback(beep)
exten => 123,5,playback(beep)
exten => 123,6,hangup

sip.conf was not changed at all, and that works for in/out.  The only
problem I have is people dialing into my asterisk box, the applciations
run, DTMF is read, callers just get absolutly no prompts.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402