[Asterisk-Users] Telephone line installation.

Brian Leyton bleyton at cpe-corp.com
Wed Apr 13 19:32:43 MST 2005

Every time I've ever dealt with a Telco, the rule has been that they will
install it to the "demarc" - the point of demarcation between telco's
responsibility and yours.  Depending on where the demarc for your building
is, they may or may not install jacks - for example, if the demarc is
outside, they probably won't, but if they're inside in a protected area,
they probably would install jacks if you requested it.

Even so, the telco makes lots of money off of installations, so they will
always be happy to install the jacks wherever you want, at your expense.
Typically it's part of the overall installation charge, billed in 1/4 hour
increments, with a minimum of something like 1 hour.  When you call to order
the lines, they'll probably ask if you want them to install the jacks.

Then they'll make even more money if they can sell you the inside wire
maintenance plan...

Brian Leyton
IT Manager
Commercial Petroleum Equipment