[Asterisk-Users] Advice sought on how to automatically and safely reboot * box

mchapman2 at carolina.rr.com mchapman2 at carolina.rr.com
Wed Apr 13 13:11:25 MST 2005

Hi-

I am trying to figure out a way to automatically shutdown and reboot an * box safely on a set schedule. I have thought about using a CRON job but I am a newbie when it comes to setting up CRON jobs. I have googled for examples but I have came up empty. Has anyone on the list setup anything similiar to what I am wanting to do?

I want to install an * box in a location where the people are not computer savvy at all...and I want to try and keep my * box up and running without stability problems for as long as possible. I have read it is recommended to reboot the * box on a regular basis.

Thanks for any help with this..

Mike C.