[Asterisk-Users]Unable to register license for G729 codec

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Apr 13 11:21:09 MST 2005

Firdosh,

Don't contact digium as you will look stupid. Read the error.

First of all read the 'Readme' file sent by digium when you bought the
codec.

You have to give the command with your license code as the parameter as
under:

 For Reregistration:
        > # ./register G729-1234ABCD
        > If you are registering a new key
        >
        > or:
        >
        > # ./register 1000FA-ABC123...
        > to re-register

Above is only an example. Use your key in place of the '1234XXX'

I am pasting what I have received from digium here:

Seshu

  > From: "Nancy"
        > To: "Seshu Kanuri"
        > Subject: The Asterisk Store Order asteriskpbx-5715
        > Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:50:49 -0500
        >
        > Seshu,
        >
        > Here are  50 channels for asteriskpbx-5715:
        > G729-0*****E1
        >
        > Readme File attached.
        >
        > Thanks for your business,
        >
        > Nancy Davidson
        > Digium
        > The Atrium Building
        > Suite 100
        > 150 West Park Loop
        > Huntsville, Al 35806
        > indy500 at digium.com
        >
        > > G.729 support for Asterisk.
        >
        > This file is the binary object for Digium's own G.729
implementation
        > and is NO LONGER based upon the Voiceage code (and its buggy
        > registration program). The new registration program should be
much
        > easier to use, less intrusive, and the codec is approximately
50%
        faster
        > than the old Voiceage supplied one.
        >

        > Download Instructions:
        >
        > You may download the G.729 code binary from the following ftp
site:
        > ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/g729/
        >
        > In that director y, you are presented with the choice of
glibc2 or
        glibc_2_3.
        > In the glibc_2_3 directory, you will find the register utility
and
        several
        > directories corresponding to different processor types. Please

download
        > the codec binary that corresponds to your processor type.
        > In the glibc2 directory, you will find the register utility as
built
        for
        > older
        > glibc's. You may use this utility along with the codec
binaries found
        in
        > the glibc_2_3 processor sub-directories.
        >

        > Important Bug Fixes:
        >
        > 1) There no longer is a problem with running the registration
program
        > or the codec on a SCSI system.
        >
        > 2) There is no longer a problem starting asterisk in the
background
        with
        > the G.729 code running.
        >

        > Important Notes:
        >
        > 1) The registration key is tied to the MAC addresses of *all*
ethernet
        > cards in your system. If you change any ethernet cards
(including
        > adding or removing them) you will need to re-register. Please
be aware
        > that you can only re-register a key *one* time unless you
contact
        > Digium.
        >
        > 2) Copy the codec_g729a.so file to /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
and
        > remove the old voiceage codec_g729b.so if you have it
installed.
        > Leaving both will not let you use you channels twice.
        >
        > 3) Run the registration code, placing your key after
executable like
        this:

        > # ./register G729-1234ABCD
        >
        > if you are registering a new key
        >
        > or:
        >
        > # ./register 1000FA-ABC123...
        >
        > if you are registering your old Voiceage key with the
        > new codec
        >
         > and keeping in mind that the key is case sensitive.
        >
        > 6) Start Asterisk normally.
        >
        > If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Digium
toll free
        at
support at digium.com

        > OTHER NOTES:
        >
        > You do not have to explicitly load codec_g729a.so in your
        > /etc/asterisk/modules.conf file. Asterisk will load it
automatically.
        > If you do list the codec in the modules.conf file, then you
will also
        have