[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel and Fritz Card

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Wed Apr 13 09:25:40 MST 2005

Robson Ribeiro wrote:
> Hi Oliver, I am trying to install only the Fritz Card. But according to
> the instructions on:

> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AVM+Fritz+CAPI+Driver+Install

> it doesn’t work. The directories, even the changes that they suggest on
> the makefile are not there!! I am really disappointed I have been on
> this for hours!!

:-) Welcome to the club.

Before doing anything with asterisk, make sure CAPI works. Ignore
asterisk for the moment. Once you have CAPI working (for example with
capi4hylafax or something), go back, get the latest *stable* asterisk
release and built it, ignoring chan_capi for the moment. Make sure it
works but using a soft-client to call-in to your system. After that,
download chan_capi from junghanns.net and "make && make install" it. If
you receive errors in between, come back here (with a new thread) and
report your problems as well as ways you have tried to solve your problem.

--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA