[Asterisk-Users] Busy line status and chan_capi?

Damian Funnell damian.funnell at fff.co.nz
Wed Apr 13 09:30:55 MST 2005

Hi Kib,

What exactly is it that you want to do?  If you have a direct dial-in
(DDI) number that goes to a certain extension then you can handle this
pretty easily in your dial plan - check out this snippet below from one
of our customers' machines.  This example is pretty basic, but it works
fine for their requirements:

exten => 290,1,Answer
exten => 290,2,Dial(SIP/9290,,t,)
exten => 290,3,Voicemail(9290)
exten => 290,4,Congestion

The extension (290 in this example) is the DDI (known as a DID) number
that the telco presents on the line (this customer has 10 DDI's) and
that CAPI presents when the line rings.  This is used to decide which
extension to route the call to.

By default SIP will use call waiting, which this particular customer
doesn't like, so they dial *71 from each extension to cancel it.

FFF Managed Technology Ltd
60 Cook St
P.O. 6368 Wellesley St
Auckland