[Asterisk-Users] Local Echo

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 13 09:12:19 MST 2005

On April 12, 2005 07:21 pm, Matt Fredrickson wrote:
> If you're using a TDM card, you might see if the fxotune program will help.
>
> It does impedance tuning of the card and finds the line impedance that has
> the lowest mean power (i.e. least echo).  I've been working on it for a
> while and some people have had some success with it.

He should also be using ztmonitor and a milliWatt source to make sure his
gains are optimally set.  Googling for "Adjusting txgain/rxgain
site:lists.digium.com" and looking for Kris Boutilier's lengthy post.  I
found you don't need any additional patches, just the telco's milliWatt
number and some time.

I know you're looking for a quick and easy answer, but there isn't one.  Echo
is a problem that affects all TDM networks, and affects any packetized
networks doubly so.

-A.