[Asterisk-Users] PRI Errors with TE110P

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Apr 13 08:59:59 MST 2005

Aaron Mathews wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a new digium te110p card. I'm running it on a T1
> with PRI signalling, and everything works fine *except* I get errors every
> few minutes that look like the following:
>
> Apr 11 23:23:04 WARNING[10251]: chan_zap.c:5993 zt_pri_error: PRI: Read on
> 40 failed: Unknown error 500
> Apr 11 23:23:04 NOTICE[10251]: chan_zap.c:6708 pri_dchannel: PRI got event:
> 8 on span 1
> Apr 11 23:23:04 WARNING[10251]: chan_zap.c:5993 zt_pri_error: PRI: Read on
> 40 failed: Unknown error 500
> Apr 11 23:23:04 NOTICE[10251]: chan_zap.c:6708 pri_dchannel: PRI got event:
> 6 on span 1
>
> And continue on and on just like that.
>
> I found some old mailing lists posts from the beginning of 2004 that seemed
> to indicate that this was a 'frame buffering' problem, and that digium was
> working on a fix- is this still the case? Is there a fix?

Something is locking interrupts on your system for so long that the
Digium card is losing data from the PRI.  It could just be a crappy
motherboard (the SuperMicro board I got recently did this).  Usually
it's caused by the IDE and you can use the various things listed in
the mailing list archives like unmasking interrupts, enabling DMA, etc
to reduce the time interrupts are locked.

--Eric

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain