[Asterisk-Users] FRAME_CONTROL (5) dropping calls on PRI

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Wed Apr 13 08:02:58 MST 2005

After turning on full debug logs and getting users to report dropped
calls, I have had 2 dropped calls in as many days.

drop1:  Apr 11 16:11:14 DEBUG[15029]: Got a FRAME_CONTROL (5) frame on
channel Zap/3-1
drop2:Apr 13 09:13:37 DEBUG[5563]: Got a FRAME_CONTROL (5) frame on
channel Zap/1-1

I can post full debug logs if anyone thinks that would help.

Per yesterday's "Line Noise" thread, I have used zttest to check timing
and used hdparm to set hda to udma2.  zttest mostly reports 100% to
99.9875% with a few times dipping to 99.90%.  I'm modifying zttest to
log the time (like the log files) and to only report when under 99.98%
(I will post a patch and bug when it is ready) so I can run it for a day
without logs every second.

Is anyone else seeing this and or have a solution (other than to
correlate timing drops with this FRAME_CONTROL (5) )?

I will post back when I have more info.

Jeb Campbell
jebc at c4solutions.net