[Asterisk-Users] Re: Cisco 7960s and skinny

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Wed Apr 13 06:17:39 MST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:47:22PM +0200, Sergio arranged a set of bits into the following:

> >My biggest task is getting in some of the big bugfixes and bad behavior
> >fixes that have been major issues. In testing at the moment is a fix to
> >

> Yes, I'm using * in a business environment with cisco 7960 and 7905
> phones. Sip is the more stable solution.
> well no busy status line 'cause the cisco sip firmware does not support it.
> I was testing your chan_sccp. It's under development and I got some
> crash or phones issue, but I think sccp could be the best flexible
Please, and this goes for all chan_sccp users run asterisk with the -g
option to get coredumps if it crashes, and send me the backtrace (NOT
the coredump).

> system for a PBX. In my spare time I'm working on your chan_sccp code to
I agree, sccp or a similar protocol is great as it allows the PBX to
contain most of the features that usually go to the phones, allowing an
amazing flexibility.

> understand how to get customized and localized (I'm in Italy) softkeys.
I'm not sure what if anything there is to localize, IIRC chan_sccp
transmits no text to the user except for softkey names, and their you
might be out of luck.

Hope to see some Aussie Asterisk users at LCA!
Julien

PS:
I'm now starting to look at writing a basic implmentation of CDP for
setting vlan's on cisco phones, expressions of intrest wanted!