[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma A101 + Rhino channelbank

Felician CHELU tehnic at intertel.ro
Wed Apr 13 01:09:18 MST 2005

Hi,

This is exactly what I did - the Sangoma tech support responded fast.
They even installed themselves the driver once I gave them access to my
machine.
I bugged the tech guy (Alex Feldman) for a couple of days, but he acted
quite nice trying to solve the problem.

It seems it was 2 problems:
    1. First it was the t1 cable - both  A101 and Rhino channelbank comes
with a straight t1 cable, but to connect those two YOU NEED A CROSS CABLE.
    if you don't have one, you need to "manufacture" one.
    Here is the pin-out diagram
    1-4
    2-5
    3-3
    4-1
    5-2
    6-6
    7-7
    8-8

    2. Second, I put only the Sangoma A101 card in the system and loaded the
driver. I configured  as follows
        in zaptel.conf
        span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
        fxols=1-24

        in zapata.conf
        signalling=fxo_ls
        channel => 1-24
        NOTE: dont try to configure signalling for each channel because it
won't work write first the signalling part (the two lines above) an then you
can come with additional things for each channel (like context, callerid
etc)

    I experienced a very strange incompatibility: after making the
configuration work, I tried to add a Digium TE100P card in the same
computer.
  Once I add the card in the system, then it is not working anymore. I tried
to put the card in each available pci slot, I started only wanrouter and
asterisk, without starting the zaptel driver, but still no result.
Once I take out the Digium from computer and restart then everything is
working. To solve the problem (bcause i need the e1 to connect to telco) I
use two machines - one with the Digium  and second with Sangoma. I connected
the machines with IAX.

Felician CHELU,
IT Manager
Intertel Communications