[Asterisk-Users] Jitter problems IAX to Livevoip

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Apr 12 14:47:40 MST 2005

Hi,

I am dialing out from my Asterisk system to the PSTN via Livevoip.  I'm
having trouble with jitter, though on my end things are fine.  The
people I'm speaking to are the ones to complain.

I'm on a fairly standard DSL line, everything looks OK on this end, and
I'm not really sure what could be causing this trouble.  Ping times to
livevoip are around 100ms and fairly consistent.  At this time, I don't
know if the problem exists with other IAX providers or not (I don't have
accounts with any).

I am using IAX to connect with livevoip and have no jitter settings
enabled on my end (according to the comments in iax.conf, this wouldn't
help me anyway).

Suggestions anyone?

-- John