[Asterisk-Users] TDM02B on 2 a/b ports of a PBX not working.. . help

Brian Leyton bleyton at cpe-corp.com
Tue Apr 12 14:37:20 MST 2005

I see that no one else has tried to answer your question, so I'll give it a
stab.

When you connect an FXO port to a PBX, the PBX has to have a way to signal
Asterisk that the line has been hung up.  The normal (telco) way to do this
is CPC (Calling Party Control) signalling, and it is generally either a
reversal or removal of battery for a brief period of time.  Asterisk calls
this "Kewlstart".  You need to see if your PBX can be programmed to do this
kind of signalling.

I have the same problem, except that my PBX will generate a DTMF "D" tone at
disconnect.  I'm looking for a way to get Asterisk to recognize that in the
same way as CPC, and disconnect the call.  No luck so far though...

Check out this page for more details:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Disconnect%20Supervi
sion
<http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Disconnect%20Superv