[Asterisk-Users] Dialing Out (My mistake, here is the entire message)

doug at simflex.com doug at simflex.com
Tue Apr 12 08:26:27 MST 2005

Sorry about before, I sent the message from the wrong address and didn't
repaste the entire message when I sent it from the right address...

I am having a problem using my backup dialout termination from asterisk.
The server I am registered to for back up is running SER 0.90.  If I dial
NUMBER1, which is locally registered number on the SER server, it goes
through.  However, if I dial NUMBER2 which SER should forward to it's
termination provider, I get the following error from Asterisk...  I am
registered with the SER server, so I know my password is right...

Apr 11 16:11:23 WARNING[10647]: chan_sip.c:6829 handle_response: Forbidden
- wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"ATAADAPTER"
<sip:MySERUsername at SERSERVER>;tag=as4a0d4cf3'

Here are my sip.conf sections for the SER server...

[SerServer]
type=friend
host=IP GOES HERE
nat=no
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=g726
auth=plain
context=default
canreinvite=yes
username=USERNAME
secret=PASSWORD
dtmfmode=info
fromdomain=REALM
fromuser=USERNAME
qualify=1000
insecure=very

I am using Asterisk 1.0.7 compiled into RPMs from the tarball running on
CentOS Enterprise 4...

Can someone point me in the right direction...

Doug