[Asterisk-Users] Has anyone got Asterisk working behind a NAT connection to users within a NAT

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Apr 12 07:59:09 MST 2005

On 11:27, Tue 12 Apr 05, Wilson Pickett wrote:
> > However, and I know this is a running issues, I cannot get external sip
> > users behind a NAT to be able to successfully connect to asterisk when it's
> > behind a NAT as well.
> > I have done port forwarding at both ends dealing with the usual ports of
> > 5060, 4569 and 5036 as well as opening up the rtp ports for the voice
> > traffic on 10,000 to 20,000.
> >
> > Is there a way without asterisk being on an external ip?
>
> Are you using nat=yes in sip.conf entries and giving the externip and
> localnet parameters?

Also set the canreinvite=no for the external phones. that
way the audio stream is always managed thru *
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."