[Asterisk-Users] Trunk Seize - Line 1 - CO1: Does it exist in an Asterisk environment?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Apr 11 20:37:56 MST 2005

--On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:28 PM +1000 Ben Ryan
<ben.ryan at forrestcomputing.com.au> wrote:

> I have a question probably for those in the know in business Asterisk
> solutions. I have searched high and low but have not been able to get
> any answers. I hope there is someone on the list that can answer my
> question.
>
> How do you implement "trunk seize"? This is a feature that is almost
> universal in the conventional PBX world.

Not PBX, Key System.  See Call Parking.  You park the call by doing a
consultative/supervised transfer to a special extension.  The Park app then
reads back a number, this is the parked extension number.  You then give
this number, and anyone in the right context can dial the number into their
handset (SIP, IAX, or otherwise) and be connected to the parked caller.