[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Realtime - can't see sip friend

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Mon Apr 11 19:25:55 MST 2005

I have configured realtime according to the wiki. However Asterisk can't see the new sip friend that is created in the table. I'm sure I have failed to do something very basic which allows Asterisk to see the records in mysql

realtime load sippeers name 6000
No rows found

/var/log/asterisk/debug reports
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

The file /tmp/mysql.sock doesn't exist so perhaps that's the problem. What should create that file?
I have tried including the line "dbsock = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock" in res_config_mysql.conf but that causes asterisk to core dump.

extconfig.conf
sipusers => mysql,asterisk,sip_buddies
sippeers => mysql,asterisk,sip_buddies

sip.conf
rtcachefriends=yes

res_config_mysql.conf
[general]
dbhost = localhost
dbname = asterisk
dbuser = root
dbpass = password
dbport = 3306

select * from sip_buddies where name = '6000'; retrieves the record correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Cameron