[Asterisk-Users] broadvoice config problem.

Johnathan Corgan jcorgan at aeinet.com
Mon Apr 11 16:43:12 MST 2005

Craig Simon wrote:

> The 100 is an extension I created for my softphone to  log into.

* is tricky with terminology.

You didn't create an "extension" 100, you created a SIP peer/user named
"100", which the softphone connects as.

"Extensions" (that are within "contexts") are lists of commands that *
will execute if that extension is dialed.  So what you want is to create
an extension 100 that will have the list of commands to dial your SIP
phone.  Your current set up is trying (by virtue of the Dial command in
the from-broadvoice context) to find extension 100 in the default
context, which is where you would have the commands to dial your SIP phone.

This is an unnecessarily convoluted way of doing things.

Here's an alternative:

[from-broadvoice]
exten => 100,1,Answer
exten => 100,2,Wait(1)
exten => 100,3,Dial(SIP/100,25)
exten => 100,4,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => 100,5,Hangup
exten => 100,104,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})
exten => 100,105,Hangup

Here the sequence:

1) Incoming SIP call from Broadvoice lands you in the from-broadvoice
context, looking for extension 100. (Why this is 100 is still a mystery,
but it appears to be working that way, so we'll assume that's correct
and move on.)

2) * starts executing the commands in 'priority' order, meaning it will
answer the Broadvoice call, wait a second, then attempt to dial SIP peer
'100', which is your soft phone.

3) If you answer the phone, * bridges the two channels and it's done.

4) If you don't answer the phone or for some reason it can't connect to
your soft phone, it will instead connect the Broadvoice call to the
voicemail for mailbox 100, and play the unavailable message.  When the
voicemail application ends, it hangs up the two channels and is done.

5) If your softphone indicates busy, * will jump to n+101 (n being 3
here), which means it will connect the Broadvoice call to voicemail for
mailbox 100, but play the busy message instead, and then hangup when the
voicemail application is done.

Later, you can change things so that you have and IVR system instead,
and start to use macros, etc., and then you'll learn about the Goto
command and all.  But first get this simple thing working.

You didn't include in your email the register => command, can you show?

-Johnathan