[Asterisk-Users] DS3000P - 20 E1 capacity on single card

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Apr 11 16:31:41 MST 2005

On April 11, 2005 06:43 pm, Bicom Systems wrote:
> Come June/July an USB/PCI DSP cost effective solution should be available
> to address this issues. It will transcode nearly all codec's.
> I am not in position to reveal the company name
> at this stage unless "MN" wants to "speak up"  :)

secondary card for DSP functions is very inefficient of the PCI bus.  I'd be
curious to know if the Digium cards can even do PCI-PCI DMA.

And USB?  I would be *very* curious to see what these products can actually do
to help.  There's a very good reason why any TDM boards that do off-CPU
processing do it on the same card or over a separate bus...

-A.